Italian Meatloaf Roll UP
This ain’t yo’ mama’s meatloaf...it’s MINE and it’s delicious!!!!! This healthy twist is loaded with nutrition and flavor and only takes about 30 minutes to prep and 60 minutes to bake. This is an egg-free grain-free meatloaf that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy. And of course it’s a paleo-friendly gluten-free and can be *dairy-free dinner(simply omit the cheese).
1 pound Diesel ground turkey
1 pound grass fed ground beef 90%
½ yellow onion (finely chopped)
5 garlic cloves pressed
1 cup baby bella mushrooms (finely chopped)
1 medium purple carrot (shredded)
4 oz organic baby spinach
1-2 tbsp oregano or Italian seasoning
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups marinara sauce
3 oz raw jalapeno cheddar cheese (or just raw white cheddar cheese)
Micro greens (I like basil, spring onion or spicy mix)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a frying pan with avocado oil spray and over medium/low heat saute the yellow onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrot for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl use both hands to mix together the uncooked ground beef and ground turkey, sea salt, pepper and oregano/Italian seasoning blend until well combined.
- On a piece of foil about 18 inches long roll out the meat mixture until it’s ¼ inch thick and is shape of a rectangle about 9x13.
- Pour the veggie mix over the meat and distribute evenly.
- Spray pan with a bit more avocado oil spray and gently soften the baby spinach over medium/low(doesn’t need to be completely wilted this should only take 2-3 minutes)
- Spread spinach out evenly over the other veggies.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over top of all the veggies.*optional
- Gently work one short end off the foil and start rolling until you reach the opposite end. Press the end firmly together to “seal the seam”.
- Place the roll into a 9x13 glass baking dish (seam down) and pour 1- 1 & ½ cups marinara over the top of roll. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15 more minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Add remaining marinara sauce when serving if desired.
Makes 5 servings. Garnish with micro greens of choice. Enjoy!
⅕ of meatloaf
358 k cal
OPEX OSS Coach
Looking for a PROFESSIONAL coach to lead you on your journey through fitness? Book your FREE initial consultation using the link below.